COMING SOON… ThinC-AUTH is a secure USB-A hardware token to primarily address the needs of authentication.
The ThinC-AUTH hardware token has been designed and developed with “Security” at its core and is built using trusted embedded hardware components with support for FIDO standards to provide simpler, stronger authentication using an open, scalable and interoperable approach.
ThinC-AUTH devices are built with a state-of-the-art biometric touch sensor from a leading OEM. Biometric fingerprints obtained from the sensor are completely encrypted, securely stored and confined to the device. ThinC-AUTH enhances and establishes an authentic access control to the device using fingerprint-based biometric security along with strong cryptography. This touch-based sensor is exceptionally responsive; ThinC-AUTH uses hardware to match enrolled fingerprint, unlocking the device and securely authenticating using FIDO2/U2F.
ThinC is a registered trademark of Ensurity Technologies.
- FIDO 2.0 (including resident key, Bio-API, credential management).
- FIDO 1.2 U2F.
- Full-speed USB 2.0.
- Touch based fingerprint sensor.
- 360° touch-sensor for fingerprint authentication.
- Support for multi-fingerprint registrations.
- User binding to the hardware token with individual biometrics.
- Secure Element cryptographic acceleration – AES 256, DES/TDES, RSA, DSA, ECC, ECDH, RNG, SHA256/SHA512.
- Encrypted storage for biometric templates.
- Dynamic on-chip encryption/token key generation.
- Design in compliance with FIPS 140-2 Level 2 standards.
- Soft-tamper / Factory-reset.
- Durability: ~10,000 insertion cycles.
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 85°C.
- Operating temperature: -5°C to 55°C.
- Operating voltage: 4.9V ~ 5.1V.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and above.
- MacOS 10.12 or above.
- EN 55032:2015 (Class B).
- EN 55024:2015.
- EN 61000-4-2:2009 (contact: level 2 (±4kV), air: level 3 (±8kV)).
- EN 61000-4-3:2006+A2:2010 (80-1000MHz, level 2 (3V/m)).
- EN 61000-4-8:2010 (level 2 (3A/m), continuous field).
- FCC Part15 subpart B: 2018 (Class B).
- ThinC-AUTH generates and protects security credentials like keys, certificates, tokens and sequesters user information within the hardware. These credentials can be used for multiple purposes like digital signing, encryption, identity etc. The tokens can be used for identity, multifactor authentication, they are seamless and unique along with additional touch-to- authenticate functionality.
- FIDO2 is an open authentication standard – a new era of ubiquitous phishing – resistant, strong authentication to protect internet users worldwide – hosted by the FIDO Alliance, that consists of the W3C Web Authentication specification (WebAuthn API), and the Client to Authentication Protocol (CTAP). CTAP is an application layer protocol, meant for communication between a client-side Web Browser or a platform (Operating System) with an external Two/Multi-factor authenticator.
FIDO2 is an extension of FIDO U2F, offers the same level of high-security foundation on public key cryptography. FIDO2 offers expanded authentication options including strong single factor (passwordless), strong two factor, and multi-factor authentication. These credentials cannot be reused, replayed, or shared across services and eliminates the phenomena of phishing and MiTM attacks.
Sharing the vision of FIDO alliance and with the goal of building privacy by design, Ensurity Technologies has developed ThinC-AUTH product conforming to FIDO U2F and evolved FIDO2 standards.
- The FIDO Alliance is a global industry body open to companies, Governments, as well as individual experts interested in cooperating to develop technical specifications/standards. The specifications describe how a user must get authenticated when accessing various services including web and Operating Systems. Initially FIDO alliance built and released FIDO standard with UAF & U2F specification. The standard further evolved to become FIDO2 with more capabilities, features, functionality and better security.
If you would like to find out more about ThinC-AUTH or place an order, please get in touch:
Call: +44 (0) 1380 738 395
BECOME A THINC-AUTH RESELLER?
If you would be interested in becoming an authorised reseller of ThinC-AUTH, please email email@example.com
If you have any further questions about the ThinC-AUTH why not take a look at some of our frequently asked questions.